Monday, October 29, 2012

Project #3
     I have chose softball as my discourse community.  I picked this completely at random over the weekend, while looking through some old pictures.  I played softball as a young child, but do not remember much of the sport.  I played for about two years with my cousins on a team called, the Dolphins.  I will base my research off of a specific team (major league or a campus team).  Also, I have a few friends that I live with that play softball/baseball.  I could interview them, and learn more about the sport in general to get a better understanding now that I am older.  I will try to find different ways to research this sport through websites, biographies on different players, and even books at the Alden Library.

1 comment:

  1. Good topic, Blair. As long as you focus your attention on a specific team or a particular league, I expect you'll be on the right track to a good ethnography.

    ReplyDelete